Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics Coursebook
For first examination from 2022, these resources meet the real needs of the physics classroom.
Extensive research through lesson observations, teacher interviews and work with our online research community (the Cambridge Panel) means that this print and digital coursebook meets the real teaching needs of the physics classroom. Multi-part exam-style questions ensure students feel confident approaching assessment. New features provide reflection opportunities and self-evaluation checklists develop responsible learners.
The coursebook provides a range of enquiry questions such as practical activities, group work and debate questions that develop 21st century skills. This resource is written to support English as a second language learners with key command terms, key words, accessible language throughout and glossary definitions in context throughout the text.
The coursebook is part of a flexible suite of resources revised for examination from 2022. The series provides activities to develop and enhance students’ investigative skills, with a step-by-step approach tailored to syllabus objectives. The resources offer a large variety of active lesson ideas and practical support, which helps with differentiation and reflection.
- Features (such as ‘Before You Start’), summaries and reflection boxes provide students with metacognitive and content-based reflection opportunities.
- Science in Context features with open-ended discussion questions enable students to practise their English skills, interpret ideas in a real-world context, and debate concepts with other learners.
- Multi-part exam-style questions at the end of each chapter help prepare students for examinations and cover the range of paper styles.
- Provides a range of enquiry questions – such as practical activities, group work and debate questions, that help students develop 21st century skills.
- Combined print and digital resource enables you to use the content in a format that suits you.
- Includes answers to in-chapter and exam-style questions so students have everything they need to revise when they want
- Practical activity features build student understanding so that they can put theory into a practical context.